Possible drives us at Northrop Grumman It’s at the heart of everything we do – compelling us to solve the challenges between space and below the waves. Working together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push the boundaries of advancement through science, technology and engineering.
Due to significant progress, we are now seeking a Systems Safety Engineer to provide assistance to the C-27J System Safety Manager, in management and coordination of System Safety Program activities and associated plans, policy, processes and procedures to ensure continued compliance with DASA requirements applicable to the assigned programs.
This is an opportunity to work for a world-leading defence company while further developing your skills and knowledge.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- As a Systems Safety Engineer, you will provide system safety subject matter expert advice on assigned programs.
- Assistance in the management of new hazards realised in operation, maintenance, or arising from changes in the configuration, role and environment.
- Liaise with management and regulatory bodies, maintenance, engineering and customer agencies ensuring all design activities are carried out within the
system safety framework.
- Assist with the maintenance and update of the aircraft hazard logs and risk registers.
- Prepare and deliver Hazard Analysis Documentation e.g. Hazard Assessment Reports and Safety Assessment Reports.
- Assist with the maintenance of System Safety Program Plans to ensure compliance with DASA regulation.
- Assist and perform System Safety Hazard Assessments.
- Perform technical airworthiness risk management.
- Participate in systems safety engineering reviews.
- Assist with the facilitation and organisation of the System Safety Working Groups.
- Liaise with other safety engineers and programs to ensure best practice and shared knowledge.
- Providing advice to Engineers regarding their responsibilities in accordance with the System Safety Program.
- Making recommendations for endorsement of treatments which may be implemented to reduce the risk caused by hazards.
- Conduct independent system safety analysis as deemed necessary.
- Provide training on System Safety Engineering processes and methodologies.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or other relevant Degree and relevant experience as a Systems Safety Professional.
- Knowledge of aircraft certification standards, MIL-STD-882, ARP4761 or other System Safety standards.
- Working knowledge of System Safety tools and techniques including Fault Tree Analysis and Event Tree Analysis.
- Experience in completing detailed risk analysis.
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines.
- Must be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance.
Why Northrop Grumman?
As we continue to grow as a company, we remain committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and becoming an ideal corporate citizen. We do so by implementing our core values: taking responsibility for the Quality we put forth, delivering Customer satisfaction, demonstrating Leadership as a company and as individuals, acting with Integrity in all we do, valuing our People, and regarding our Suppliers as essential team members. We focus on Safety – We work to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to provide our customers with high-quality, reliable and safe products. We are committed to safe operations and are diligent in our safety practices and processes.
What do we offer in return?
- Professional Development Support – further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training including LinkedIn Learning and SkillSoft.
- Up to 2 weeks additional purchased annual leave.
- Salary packaging including novated car leases.
- Generous parental leave entitlements.
- Free parking.
- WellbeiNG Program.
- Employee Incentive Program.
- Employee Discount Program.
Note: As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, as such your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.