Possible drives us at Northrop Grumman…It’s at the heart of everything we do – compelling us to solve the challenges between space and below the waves. Working together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push the boundaries of advancement through science, technology and engineering.
The Aircraft Modernisation & Sustainment Operating Unit partners with the Royal Australian Air Force to provide Through-Life Support for its fleet of C-27J Spartan aircraft. The C-27J complements the Australian Defence Force’s existing Air Mobility fleet and provides airlift of people, equipment and supplies in Australia and our region.
A unique and rare opportunity has now arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified Engineering & Technical Services Manager to lead the engineering and technical services function across the C-27J Program based in Richmond, NSW or Amberley, QLD.
As a senior member of the C-27J Program, you will play a key role within the responsibilities as the platform steward. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall effectiveness of Engineering and Technical services activities.
Ideally, you will have had demonstrated experience in a similar role and will be required to lead a dynamic and complex organisation working towards meeting the customer’s operational requirements and the company strategic goals in a true partnering relationship across the C-27J Enterprise.
The Engineering & Technical Services Manager will be managing a highly skilled and diverse workforce, championing a culture of leadership and continuous improvement.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Providing senior leadership and technical guidance to the Engineering and Technical Services team in managing and executing customer requirements
- Establishing and maintaining relationships across enterprise partners to keep abreast of the dynamic nature of deliverables
- Developing strategic, tactical and operational deliverables across key milestones ensuring Northrop Grumman meets the expectations of our customer
- Developing and maintaining a task planning system to facilitate effective planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of engineering tasks and completion status.
- Providing collaborative support to all functions across the C-27J program team
- Delivering timely and accurate reports to various internal and external stakeholder groups
Why Northrop Grumman?
As we continue to grow as a company, we remain committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and becoming an ideal corporate citizen. We do so by implementing our core values: taking responsibility for the quality we put forth, delivering customer satisfaction, demonstrating leadership as a company and as individuals, acting with integrity in all we do, valuing our people, and regarding our suppliers as essential team members. We focus on Safety – We work to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to provide our customers with high-quality, reliable and safe products.
We’ll also offer…
- Professional Development Support – further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to online a range of online training including LinkedIn Learning, SkillSoft and Harvard Manage Mentor
- Generous maternity & parental leave entitlements;
- Free parking
- Employee Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or a technical discipline
- Must be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance to NV1 Level
- Significant aerospace industry experience in a sustainment environment (defence industry highly desired)
- Demonstrated familiarity with Civil or Defence aviation regulatory framework (CASA/DASA)
- Ability to be a DASA/CASA Form 4 holder
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company and customers
- Demonstrated experience in performance and people leadership as well as stakeholder management
- Direct experience in an aircraft-related Through-Life Support program
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 standard framework (or similar associated standards)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.