Northrop Grumman is a global aerospace, defense and security company. It is a leader in a wide range of capabilities around the world, delivering products and services to customers in 25 nations. With a well-established international presence, we maintain a network of offices and local business operations serving Europe, the Asia Pacific region and the Middle East to help meet the needs of our customers.
- No design work; manufacturing production environment where Engineers coordinate system-level builds and empower touch-labor Technicians.
- Daily interfacing with Program managers, Functional supervisors, and other disciplines like Elec/RF/QA is required, so good communication skills under occasionally stressful situations is essential.
- Occasional Hands-on work around extremely fragile space product installations and modifications.
- After proving reliability over time, more hands-on work becomes available
- Second/third shift 24/7, weekend work, and occasional 4+ weeks travel on launch campaigns (international travel) are *required* of everyone.
- Occasional short-term projects with travel required.
- A rotating off-shift coverage allows Engineers to plan ahead up to 3 months, but last minute requests are common to support the dynamic schedules seen in I&T.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline with 2 years of experience.
- Ability to demonstrate general technical knowledge in manufacturing including interpreting complex engineering drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
- 100% adherence to established ISO processes, diligence to detail, and efficient execution with quality results for cost effectiveness *absolutely required
- Ability to learn quickly. Bonding, taping, torquing, etc. with delicate honeycomb composite/aluminum panels and aluminum brackets a minimum. Must have “a touch” for delicate equipment.
- Ability to identify issues, escalate to appropriate channels, and implement solutions after engineering review to routine process problems of limited scope.
- Ability to work with diverse team, take constructive feedback from QA support personnel, and understudy with assigned mentor for up to 6 months is required
- Knowledge of basic Excel, Word, Powerpoint, general computer handling, and Tool Control required. ESD, FOD, and 5S management techniques also helpful.
- Knowledge of advanced machine shop principles helpful. Little to no machine shop work is done by I&T Techs, but interfacing with Machine Dept. required on occasion.
- Security Clearance not required, but ability to initiate clearance process *strongly* preferred
- Experience with working inside Clean Rooms, Hazardous Material Handling, Hazardous Operations protocols, and related operational protocols strongly recommended.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.