THE WORLD LEADER IN VISUAL COMPUTING. NVIDIA’s invention of the GPU sparked the PC gaming market. The company’s pioneering work in accelerated computing—a supercharged form of computing at the intersection of computer graphics, high performance computing and AI—is reshaping trillion-dollar industries, such as transportation, healthcare and manufacturing, and fueling the growth of many others
Autonomous vehicles are redefining the way we live, work, and play—creating safer and more efficient roads. These revolutionary benefits require massive computational horsepower and large-scale production software expertise. Tapping into decades-long experience in high-performance computing, imaging, and AI, NVIDIA has built a software-defined, end-to-end platform for the transportation industry that enables continuous improvement and continuous deployment through over the air updates. It delivers everything needed to develop autonomous vehicles at scale.
Simulation gives us the capability to test an autonomous vehicle in a near-infinite variety of conditions and scenarios before it even reaches the road, accelerating development time and improving the reliability of the self-driving stack at the same time. We’re looking for a talented Graphics Tools and Pipeline Engineer to join the DRIVE Sim team and help make it all a reality. This meaningful role will see you working with technical visionaries within the company to define and deliver a simulation environment that advances the state of the art in autonomous vehicles.
What you will be doing:
Priorities often change in a fast-paced environment like ours. Some of the things you will work on:
- Design and development of asset creation and management tools ranging from exporters, to content creation tools, to asset management tools, and even implement real-time runtime functionality for specific types of content
- Work with content creators, designers, and other specialists to capture requirements and ensure tool design specifications are met
- Work with the design team to architect, engineer, and implement new systems and tools to facilitate the creation of exciting new content
- Directly impact the future of self-driving car technology!
What we need to see:
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Applied Math, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience
- Solid C++ skills
- Experience developing plugins for DCC tools like Maya or Max
- Experience programming runtime logic for games such as handling animation / camera / state machines
- Excellent Python scripting skills
- Programming with an eye for performance
- Experience working with of 3D content toolchains
- Strong mathematical fundamentals, including linear algebra and numerical methods
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with data-parallel and/or accelerated computing (CUDA, OpenCL)
- Background with game engine development
Experience working with cloud-based services
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
- Experience writing UIs with a toolkit such as wxWidgets, WPF, QT, Slate
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us. If you’re creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!