NVIDIA’s invention of the GPU sparked the PC gaming market. The company’s pioneering work in accelerated computing—a supercharged form of computing at the intersection of computer graphics, high performance computing and AI—is reshaping trillion-dollar industries, such as transportation, healthcare and manufacturing, and fueling the growth of many others.
NVIDIA is seeking a passionate, highly motivated, and creative Senior ASIC Design Engineer to design and implement PCI Express controllers for the world’s leading SoCs and GPUs. This position offers the opportunity to have real impact in a dynamic, technology-focused company impacting product lines ranging from consumer graphics to self-driving cars and the growing field of artificial intelligence. We have crafted a team of exceptional people stretching around the globe, whose mission is to push the frontiers of what is possible today and define the platform for the future of computing.
The GPU started out as an engine for simulating human imagination, conjuring up the amazing virtual worlds of video games and Hollywood films. Today, NVIDIA’s GPU simulates human intelligence, running deep learning algorithms and acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. NVIDIA is increasingly known as “the AI computing company.”
What you’ll be doing:
- You will own the micro-architecture and RTL development of design modules for PCI Express Controllers
- You will micro-architect features to meet performance, power and area requirements
- Work with HW and system architects to define critical features
- Help verification teams to verify the correctness of implemented features
- Collaborate with timing, VLSI and Physical design teams to ensure design meets timing, interface requirements and is routable
- Enable FPGA and software teams to prototype the design and ensure that software is tested
- Work on post-silicon verification and debug
What we need to see:
BS / MS with 4+ years of design experience
- Experience in micro-architecture and RTL design of complex units
- Exposure to design and verification tools (VCS or equivalent simulation tools, debug tools like Debussy, Verdi)
- Deep understanding of ASIC design flow including RTL design, verification, logic synthesis, prototyping, DFT, timing analysis, floor-planning, ECO, bring-up & lab debug
- Expertise in Verilog
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Design experience in High Speed IO controllers like PCI Express
- Good knowledge of PCI Express Protocol – Gen 3 and above
- Good debugging and problem solving skills
- Scripting knowledge (Python/Perl/shell)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability & desire to work as a teammate
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us. If you are creative, autonomous and love a challenge, we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.