NVIDIA uses advanced object oriented Python/Perl for a major portion of its GPU software engineering, chip design and layout infrastructure, including chip definition, model build, test, verification, and layout flows. We have several very large (~100K lines) Python/Perl applications and an extensive set of internal modules. We are looking for top Python/Perl experts to help us to grow and evolve.
A key part of NVIDIA’s strength is our unique and advanced development tools and environments that enable our incredible pace of new technology delivered to market. We are looking for architects to help us design and develop the next generation of our development environments. You will join a fast-paced agile software team with high production quality standards. This role involves developing the infrastructure, compute infrastructure supporting very large scale distributed, cross-platform runs of mission critical proprietary applications and simulation, creating integrated development and debugging environments, implementing cutting-edge software engineering methodologies and tools to improve code quality, creating and driving quality build and release processes, and driving the performance improvement of these applications. NVIDIA is continuously pushing the state of the art in chip development and needing the next generation of development environments to enable the next generation of chips.
In this position, you will participate in the full tool development and release life cycle, working closely with other project members and users to specify systems, creating schedules, and managing ongoing feedback and enhancement releases. You will be using the best of your art in creating environments that are stable and easy to use by hundreds of engineers worldwide. You will learn and greatly improve the daily workflows of the world’s top chip modelers and designers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work in a dynamic agile software development team with very high production quality standards.
- Participate in the full life-cycle of tool development, test, and deployment.
- Improve the current system’s ability to schedule and utilize resources, improve performance, increase reliability, and provide better throughput.
- Work closely with other team members and users to understand their build and test processes and needs.
- Build environments that are reliable and easy to use by hundreds of engineers around the world.
- Directly contribute to the overall quality of and improve time to market for of our next generation chips.
What we need to see:
- Very strong object-oriented Python/Perl programming background
- Strong software engineering process skills required
- Experience with Linux development programming tools required
- BS in Computer Science with at least 5 years of experience
- Experience with RDMS or NoSQL is strongly desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility/adaptability for working in a dynamic environment with different frameworks and requirements