At NVIDIA, our employees are passionate about parallel and visual computing. We're united in our quest to transform the way graphics are used for work and play. Our technology impacts the visual experience in video game development, film production, space exploration, medicine, computational finance and automotive design. And we've only scratched the surface of what we can accomplish when we apply our technology to it. We need passionate, hard-‐working and creative people to help us seek some of these unrivaled opportunities.
We are now looking for a Senior ASIC Design Engineer – Hardware.
As a member of our ASIC backend/timing team, you’ll be working on product designs, focusing on such tasks as clocks, timing convergence, chip layout planning, design optimization and automation of work flows. Specifically you’ll be focusing on full chip layout planning (partitioning, planning clock distribution and other structures, methodology), full chip timing closure signoff (using tools such as Synopsys Primetime, Cadence Tempus etc.,), design optimization, and gate-level design of high-speed logic. In this role you will also interface with architecture, rtl design, layout implementation, methodology and custom design teams to drive design implementation, timing analysis/closure all the way from micro-architecture to tape-out.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and enhance timing analysis/signoff work flow from frontend (pre-layout) to backend (post-layout) at both chip and block level.
- Develop custom timing scripts using tcl/primetime for clock skew analysis, special circuits such as clock dividers, core logic <-> IO macros interfaces such as PCI-E, Frame-Buffer/Memory, HDMI, etc.
- Chip level Integration, physically partitioning and floor planning.
- Design optimization and timing convergence related tasks.
- Development of PD work flows..
What we need to see:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 2-5 years of relevant ASIC design experience ideally with a focus in timing
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people on the planet working for us. If you’re creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!