NVIDIA uses advanced object oriented Python/Perl for a major portion of its GPU software engineering, chip design and layout infrastructure, including chip definition, model build, test, verification, and layout flows. We have several very large (~100K lines) Python/Perl applications and an extensive set of internal modules. We are looking for top Python/Perl experts to help us to grow and evolve.
Are you passionate about inspiring change, improving software quality and ensuring customers have the best experience?
NVIDIA is seeking a creative, passionate and hands-on software engineer with a test to failure attitude who is a quick learner, can understand software and hardware specifications, build reliable tests to improve quality and accelerate delivery of NVIDIA products.
What you’ll be doing:
As a software engineer, you will take part in technical design and implementation of Automated tests and tools for NVIDIA software products with the goal to identify defects early in the software development life-cycle.
In this role you can expect to:
- Execute manual and automated tests, analyze results, identify and report defects.
- Develop Automated tests for NVIDIA’s Cloud Gaming Platform for Windows, Android and IOS platforms.
- Rigorously drive test automation initiative. Build innovative ways to automate and expand our software testing.
- Expose defects and constraints, Isolate and debug the issue(s) and find the root cause; Contribute to the solution and drive to closure.
- Measure code coverage for the software under test, analyze and drive code coverage improvements.
- Develop applications and tools that accelerate development and test workflows
- Write fast, effective, maintainable, reliable and well documented code
- Provide peer code reviews including feedback on performance, scalability and correctness
- Estimate and prioritize tasks in order to create a realistic delivery schedule
- You will have the opportunity to work on challenging technical and process issues
- Work closely with leadership to report progress by generating effective and measurable reports
What we need to see:
- You have a degree in Computer/IT/Electronics engineering
- You have at least 4 years of programming experience in Python/C/C++ with experience in applying Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Hands-on knowledge of developing Python scripts with application development concepts.
- You are skilled at debugging issues and have experience using debugging tools like WinDBG/gdb
- You are able to develop tools to automate workflows and apply deep learning techniques
- You have the ability to collaborate with multiple development teams to gain knowledge and improve code coverage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a team of engineers in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Ways to stand out of the crowd:
- Experience with cross-platform application development and web development
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity to tackle problems and get things done
- Experience with game testing or passionate about playing games.
With competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, we are widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most hardworking people in the world working for us and, due to unprecedented growth, our best-in-class engineering teams are rapidly growing. If you’re creative with a real passion for technology, we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.