THE WORLD LEADER IN VISUAL COMPUTING. NVIDIA’s invention of the GPU sparked the PC gaming market. The company’s pioneering work in accelerated computing—a supercharged form of computing at the intersection of computer graphics, high performance computing and AI—is reshaping trillion-dollar industries, such as transportation, healthcare and manufacturing, and fueling the growth of many others.
We are looking for a Senior Embedded System Software Engineer for our Automotive Team, with good understanding of ARM architecture, low level programming skills and experience to help us develop fast, robust and safe automotive systems.
We are a leading artificial intelligence computing company and are paving the way with innovations in gaming, visualization, supercomputing and self-driving cars.
NVIDIA gives automakers, tier-1 suppliers, automotive research institutions, and start-ups the power and flexibility to develop and deploy breakthrough artificial intelligence systems for self-driving vehicles. Our unified computing architecture enables training deep neural networks in the data center on the NVIDIA DGX-1™, and then seamlessly run them on the NVIDIA DRIVE platform inside the vehicle. Today, we are working with over 80 partners that are using our platform in the development of autonomous cars, trucks, shuttles and taxis.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop safety compliant (ISO26262) system software for NVIDIA Drive solution for autonomous vehicles
- Design & develop I/O Virtualization solutions for NVIDIA Tegra SOC
- Development & bring-up activities for next generation NVIDIA Tegra SOC
- Work with the ASIC teams to enhance virtualization support in the SOC
- Handle complex issues & defects involving interactions between components partitioned across the large software stack
What we need to see:
- BS/MS in electrical engineering, computer science, or computer engineering and a minimum of 10 years of experience with device driver design and development on embedded systems
- Excellent C programming and debugging skills on embedded systems
- Solid understanding of computer architecture, operating system fundamentals
- Experience of developing software for bare metal environment
- Hands on experience with Debugging Tools JTAG, DSTREAM
- A strong teammate; self-motivated with positive attitude!
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience in ARM Architecture (ARMv8) preferably with exposure to ARM virtualization extensions
- Experience in ARM SMMU architecture
- Experience in developing para-virtualized drivers
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us. If you’re creative and self driven, we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.