In 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing — with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world.
NVIDIA is looking for a software intern to join its Deep Learning algorithms team. Academic and commercial groups around the world are using GPUs to revolutionize deep learning and data analytics, and to power data centers. Join the team building software which will be used by the entire world. Interact with the scientific community to implement the latest algorithms. Ability to work on a dynamic customer-oriented team is required and excellent interpersonal skills are also a requirement.
In this role you will be interacting with internal partners, users, and members of the open source community to analyze, define and implement highly optimized algorithms. The scope of these efforts includes a combination of performance tuning and analysis, defining APIs, analyzing functionality coverage, implementing new algorithms, and other general software engineering work.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research, analyze, and document state-of-the art algorithms
- Develop algorithms for deep learning, data analytics, machine learning, or scientific computing
- Analyze performance of GPU implementations
- Collaborate with team members and other partners
What we need to see:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Applied Math, or related field
- Excellent programming (C/C++, Python), debugging, performance analysis, and test design skills
- Strong algorithms and mathematical fundamentals
- Ability to work independently and manage your own development effort
- Good communication and documentation habits
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Deep Learning experience
- Experience with DL Frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, MXNet)
- Knowledge of CPU and/or GPU architecture
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us. If you’re creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.