NVIDIA's invention of the GPU 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing — with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Today, we are increasingly known as “the AI computing company”.
NVIDIA is seeking a Software Engineering Lead to help drive the development and engineering activities directly related to productizing the Isaac robotics platform.
For two decades, NVIDIA has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics. With our invention of the GPU we also set the stage for advances in the field of medical research, computer vision and artificial intelligence. Today NVIDIA is at the groundbreaking level to innovate robotics and intelligent autonomous machines. There has never been a more exciting time to join our company and team.
The team around Project Isaac is building a robotics toolbox to create the next generation of intelligent and autonomous robots. Isaac is combining accelerated perception and planning algorithms, deep learning, and high-fidelity simulation. All with a keen eye on deployment into real world use cases based on the Jetson AGX platform or cloud-based compute. Our team is diversified and spreading all over the world and over dozens of technological fields, and together we want to change the way robots are programmed.
What you’ll be doing:
Lead the development of key technologies for the Isaac platform
- Mentor other engineers to become top contributors
- Select and implement new algorithms and methods
- Improve code quality and software architecture through code and design review
- Lead cross-team collaboration efforts
What we need to see:
Minimum requirement PhD and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experienced with leading projects and teams
- Proficient with C++, Python and code review
- You are comfortable working cross functionally with product and hardware teams
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
Proficiency in modern deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Exposure to robotics or similar autonomous machine development
- Project management experience
- You have a thirst and ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Flexibility/adaptability for working in a dynamic environment with different platforms and requirements
If you’re creative, driven, and passionate about autonomous machines – we would love to hear from you!
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.