Our technology has no boundaries! NVIDIA is building the world’s most groundbreaking and state of the art compute platforms for the world to use. It’s because of our work that scientists, researchers and engineers can advance their ideas. At its core, our visual computing technology not only enables an amazing computing experience, it is energy efficient! We pioneered a supercharged form of computing loved by the most demanding computer users in the world - scientists, designers, artists, and gamers. It’s not just technology though! It is our people, some of the brightest in the world, and our company culture make.
We are looking for an Autonomous Vehicle Ultrasonic Perception Engineer:
NVIDIA is looking for leading Ultrasonic Perception Engineers for its Autonomous Vehicle teams. As a member of our team you will be responsible for leading, developing and maintaining software for world-class ultrasonic perception. Work areas will involve ultrasonic perception function designs, perception function implementations, sensor model evaluation and selection, and sensor fusion to produce high-quality inputs to control vehicles safely and efficiently. You need fundamental understanding of physics underlying ultrasonic sensors and ability to develop real-time perception features from raw data.
Familiarity with both standard processing pipeline of ultrasonic data, and machine learning / artificial intelligence background is required. The candidate is expected to have hands-on experience and deep knowledge in at least one of these areas. Understanding of ultrasonic sensing fundamentals is highly desirable. You are expected to work across people and project boundaries, and between intelligently designed mathematical algorithms and machine learning approaches. You should have SW development, communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and implement ultrasonic perception software for NVIDIA Autonomous Vehicle products
- Design, implement, test, and maintain system tools for product development and product verification
- Software performance optimization
- Aid in ultrasonic sensor selection and layout optimization to support both L2 / L4 applications
What we need to see:
- Experience of building and integrating ultrasonic perception for various L2 / L4 functions, including parking and advanced proximity sensing
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of deep understanding of programming languages such as C, C++ and Python (optionally CUDA)
- Familiarity or hands-on experience on machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Familiarity with source control (git, Perforce, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge on assessing quality of work, metrics, and impact of perception features onto the rest of the autonomous driving SW stack
- Prior experience working on two or more of the following: autonomous vehicles and robotics, computer vision, radar sensors, radar perception
- You display outstanding communication and collaboration skills, as we work as a tightly knit team, always discussing and learning from each other
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking people in the world working for us. If you’re creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you.
NVIDIA is leading the way in groundbreaking developments in Artificial Intelligence, High-Performance Computing and Visualization. The GPU, our invention, serves as the visual cortex of modern computers and is at the heart of our products and services. Our work opens up new universes to explore, enables amazing creativity and discovery, and powers what were once science fiction inventions from artificial intelligence to autonomous cars. NVIDIA is looking for great people like you to help us accelerate the next wave of accelerated computing.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.