SOLVE · CONNECT · EXPLORE
About ODYSSEUS Space
ODYSSEUS Space is an international company operating in Luxembourg and in Taiwan, developing products for space market and providing services to institutional research clients since 2016. With the long-term vision to facilitate the flow of information and goods in the Solar System, the company is investing in development of key technologies for Earth or Lunar orbit and for interplanetary space: laser communication and autonomous navigation.
Since 2019 most development activities of ODYSSEUS are carried out in Luxembourg, alongside several other space start-ups from small but vibrant new space community. The hard-working atmosphere at ODYSSEUS is combined with openness and flexibility of a small team. We value the autonomy of our team members and support each other in our personal and professional growth.
With ODYSSEUS entering a new phase of product development, we are searching for motivated professionals to join our young international team to work on the next-generation commercial products that will shape the space missions of tomorrow.
ODYSSEUS Space offers a permanent position in Luxembourg (relocation assistance possible), with a competitive salary and unique career development opportunities.
Description of the Job
As a Control and Software Engineer at ODYSSEUS Space, you will be responsible for developing software for pointing subsystem and telemetry subsystem of CYCLOPS laser communication terminals. As a part of a larger team, you will contribute to definition of control system and onboard software architecture, and in later stages, integration, performance measurements and ground / in-orbit validation.
The job involves running a continuous software development cycle on simulated and hardware targets for testing and performance evaluations; active collaboration with systems engineer, electronics engineer and AIT engineer; preparing design and performance reports, and, where applicable, writing manuals and instructing technicians.
Essential qualifications, experience, skills
- Engineering Degree (MSc or equivalent) in a relevant field
- Experience with development for ARM processor architecture
- C/C++ for bare-metal and OS-hosted applications
- Familiarity with unit testing and test-driven development approach
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping boards
- Familiarity with MATLAB/Simulink for control system design and analysis – Experience of working autonomously as well as working in a team
- Experience in writing and delivering technical reports
- English oral and writing proficiency
Nice to have
- Prior experience in software development for space
- Prior experience with pointing / attitude control systems
- Familiarity with FPGA development process and programming tools
- European Union citizenship and residency in Luxembourg
- Desire to learn and share knowledge at work
- Self-accountability, creativity and optimism
- Passion for space