ODYSSEUS Space aims at increasing the flow of goods and information in the Solar System. For this purpose, the company is developing essentials cost-effective technologies such as autonomous navigation and laser communication adapted to small satellites.
The technologies developed by ODYSSEUS can already address the small satellite constellations market while paving the way for future applications in the Space Resources Utilisation value chain. With existing and new partners, ODYSSEUS plans to contribute to other technology developments required to explore the Solar System with small satellites.
With its team of international experts located in both Luxembourg and Taiwan, ODYSSEUS has been providing its services in Europe and Asia for several years and is capable of acting as a bridge between both Space markets.
As an Embedded Software Engineer part of ODYSSEUS Space team in Luxembourg, you will be working on the design, manufacturing, testing and validation of our free space optical communication terminal product (CYCLOPS), and/or our novel autonomous GNC technology (ASTRAEUS).
The CYCLOPS transceiver offers compact, secured, high bandwidth communications to Space actors, expanding drastically their information exchange capabilities around the Earth and beyond.This versatile system enables both, inter- satellite and space-to-ground laser communication.
ASTRAEUS provides autonomous guidance navigation & control capabilities to spacecraft anywhere in the Solar System. Its unique algorithm is especially adapted to interplanetary cruise to the Moon and beyond.
At least 5 years of professional experience in embedded software engineering is needed.
Complementary experience in aerospace, product development, lab work, digital electronics, signal processing or GNC are strong advantages for the job.
ODYSSEUS Space can offer a competitive salary and fast career development opportunities to the candidate.
- Be responsible of the development, testing, debugging, and modification of embedded flight software.
- Manage software source code, changes, testing, and releases.
- Support the testing and validation activities of ASTRAEUS and/or CYCLOPS.
- Preparation of the documentation for design reviews.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the relevant field
- Experience in Software portability and development board testing
- Good comprehension of electronics
- English proficiency
- Experience in the cross-platform development of embedded software in VHDL, C and C++ in environments with high software reliability requirements.
- Experience in both working independently and as part of a team
- The willingness to participate in a start-up adventure
- The willingness to learn new skills
- Highly organized and capable of planning and guiding complex technical work
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Nice to have
- Master degree/PhD in any relevant field, or equivalent
- Experience in aerospace
- Experience in product development
- Experience in communication
- Experience in prototyping and testing
- Experience in any other design field (Electronics, GNC…)
- European Citizenship