ODYSSEUS Space aims at increasing the flow of goods and information in the Solar System. For this purpose, the company is developing essentials cost-effective technologies such as autonomous navigation and laser communication adapted to small satellites.
The technologies developed by ODYSSEUS can already address the small satellite constellations market while paving the way for future applications in the Space Resources Utilisation value chain. With existing and new partners, ODYSSEUS plans to contribute to other technology developments required to explore the Solar System with small satellites.
With its team of international experts located in both Luxembourg and Taiwan, ODYSSEUS has been providing its services in Europe and Asia for several years and is capable of acting as a bridge between both Space markets.
As an Optical Communication System Engineer part of ODYSSEUS Space team in Luxembourg, you will be supporting the design, development, integration and test of our free-space optical communication terminal product (CYCLOPS), in interaction with the rest of our multidisciplinary team.
The CYCLOPS transceiver is a compact and secured high bandwidth communications terminal, expanding drastically information exchange capabilities around the Earth and beyond. This versatile system enables both, inter-satellite and space-to-ground laser communication.
- Be responsible of the system architecture definition and validation.
- Build and maintain requirements databases, system architecture models and compliance matrices.
- Develop and maintain in house mission simulation models and understand the impact of environmental conditions and system imperfections on the operational system.
- Perform technology trade-offs and technical analyses.
- Keep track of the internal technical development of the project
- Define and ensure the design and verification of the interfaces between the different components.
- Participate in CYCLOPS design by working closely with the rest of the team, and document and develop procedures to improve the manufacturing process in the future.
- Support AIT team, during assembly and test of the terminal, to ensure requirements are met and any non-conformances are assessed.
- Support Business Development team with technical input to proposals.
- Preparation of the documentation for ESA reviews.
Edit Experience in systems engineering of space-based systems, as well as optical communication is required. Complementary experience in aerospace, product development, lab work, prototyping, Assembly, Integration & Testing are strong advantages for the job.
- Master’s degree/PhD in any relevant field, or equivalent.
- Several years of experience in space based systems engineering.
- Experience in optical communication.
- English proficiency.
- Experience in both working independently and as part of a team.
- The willingness to participate in a start-up adventure.
- The willingness to learn new skills.
- Highly organized and capable of planning and guiding complex technical work.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have
- Experience in aerospace.
- Experience in product development.
- Experience in optical simulations.
- Experience in communication simulations.
- Experience in prototyping and testing.
- Experience in any other design field (mechanical engineering, software…).
- European Union Citizenship.