SOLVE · CONNECT · EXPLORE
About ODYSSEUS Space
ODYSSEUS Space is an international company operating in Luxembourg and in Taiwan, developing products for space market and providing services to institutional research clients since 2016. With the long-term vision to increase the flow of information and goods in the Solar System, the company is investing in development of key technologies for Earth or Lunar orbit and for interplanetary space: laser communication and autonomous navigation.
Since 2019 most development activities of ODYSSEUS are carried out in Luxembourg, alongside several other space start-ups from small but vibrant new space community. The hard-working atmosphere at ODYSSEUS is combined with openness and flexibility of a small team. We value the autonomy of our team members and support each other in our personal and professional growth.
With ODYSSEUS entering a new phase of product development, we are searching for motivated professionals to join our young international team to work on the next-generation commercial products that will shape the space missions of tomorrow.
Description of the Job
As a Product Quality Assurance Engineer at ODYSSEUS Space team, you will be responsible for definition and implementation of the product assurance plan for CYCLOPS laser communication terminals. As a part of a larger team, you will develop quality management procedures for optomechanical, EEE and software components and subsystems of an end-to-end direct-to-Earth laser communication system, and in later stages, lead quality control activities during MAIT and ground / in-orbit validation.
The job involves component documentation reviews, screening, procurement, and analysis activities; active collaboration with systems and AIT engineers and the project manager; contacts with customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
ODYSSEUS Space offers a permanent position in Luxembourg (relocation assistance possible), with a competitive salary and unique career development opportunities.
Essential qualifications, experience, skills, requirements
– Engineering Degree in a relevant field, with at least 2 years of experience
– Good knowledge of Product / Quality Assurance standards for space (ECSS)
– Experience in managing compliance to product user requirements
– Good customer relationship skills
– Experience in writing and delivering technical documentation
– Experience of working autonomously as well as working in a team
– English oral and writing proficiency
– Willingness to join our team on-site and participate in a start-up adventure
Nice to have
– Previous experience in space projects in a similar role or working closely with a PA engineer
– Previous experience in working with suppliers, subcontractors
– Design to learn and share knowledge at work
– Self-accountability, creativity and optimism
– Experience in any other design field (mechanical, software…)
– European Union citizenship or Luxembourgish residency
– Sense of ownership