Satellite Digital Telecom Engineer (m/f)
Empowering Space Innovation in Greece and Beyond.
With over 40 years of experience in high technology together with its integrated skills in the areas of space technology and telematics, OHB Group is ideally positioned as one of the leading independent forces in the European space, aeronautics and telematics industry.
In July 2018, OHB Hellas was created as 100% subsidiary of OHB SE marking the implementation of a space system company in Greece. We have the passion to develop and implement space projects in close collaboration with public institutions and selected local partners.
A career in space does not have to be a dream. OHB is constantly looking for new pioneers around the entire world and in all corporate segments. OHB is glad to be able to generate such an opportunity in Greece for high profile candidates that share our enthusiasm for space.
OHB Hellas is seeking an engineer (m/f) that will reinforce the team with Telecommunication, AI and embedded systems competences
Detailed task description:
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team with a wide range of skill sets including but not limited to software development, firmware development, data analysis, and RF design.
- Preparation of responses to calls for tenders (ESA, Horizon Europe etc.)
- Explore modern wireless and Telecommunication standards.
- Explore modern Artificial Intelligence-based techniques applied to satellite communication applications
- Identify requirements, participate in design & specification generation activities.
- Lead activities related to optical ground stations for communication, surveillance and tracking applications
- Implement digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms for communication applications.
- Lead technical activities and rapidly prototype them to support proof-of-concept experiments.
- Implement algorithms in FPGAs and embedded processors from MATLAB or C/C++ or equivalent languages.
- Contribute to ESA management and technical documentation for project reviews.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Education in the field of electronic / telecommunication / AI / computer science (Master degree, or PHD)
- Strong knowledge in: Distributed computing / Cloud technology / Edge Computing / 3GPP NTN
- Space: satellite communication, laser system knowledge, Performance and link budget assessment / ECSS Standards
- Implementation/Simulation of waveforms in tools/simulators
- Knowledge of specific IoT protocols used on ground (LoRa, LoRaWan, SigFox, NB-IoT)
- Computer skills: Matlab, Python and C/C++, Scripting languages
- Embedded Systems and Unix-based Systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to take on challenges, show resiliency and like to always learn new skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office tools
- English (proficient level) and German (good/fluent).
- Position: Full time
- Location: Marousi (Athens), Greece
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English.
Closing date: December 2023
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted