We. Create. Space
OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellites & Missions Business Unit in Milano or Rome for immediate start a Satellite Power Subsystem Engineer.
- Analysis of the Satellite Mission Requirements from the Customer, delivery of the Electrical Power Budget (Satellite units consumption, Solar Array delivered power, battery charge/discharge cycling, Power Conditioning Unit dissipation) during the various Satellite phases, simulation of possible Operational scenarios.
- Perform and/or coordinate electrical analysis showing compliance to the requirements
- Interaction with other subsystems/units responsible (mission, structure, mechanical, thermal, Data Handling, safety, PA and AOCS) for the definition and clarification of the relevant constraints and interfaces, and analyses exchanges
- Define the EPS electrical Architecture, design of the Subsystem at high level, sizing of the EPS units (Solar Array (SA), Power Conditioning and Distribution unit(PCDU), Battery (BAT))
- Issue of the EPS Requirement Specification and issue of EPS Design Report, with relevant EPS Electrical scheme, block diagram, high level and IF electrical analysis
- Issue of the power units (SA, PCDU, BAT) procurement specification, taking into account the performed Power/Energy analysis, Concurrent development with the other subsystems (thermal/mechanical constrains, quality requirements, mission requirement, Integration and testing, etc.), and from the requirements coming from the applied space engineering standard (typically ECSS standard)
- Technical evaluation of the received proposal from external suppliers for the procurement of PCDU, SA and BAT, selection of the suppliers, and their interface.
- Contribution and participation to the Customer and subcontractors reviews
- Leading technical role in the subcontractor design, development and testing of the units, (review of supplier documentation, performance assessment, units/boards electrical scheme review, units/boards prototype first evaluation, further model developments) and their compliance to the requirements.
- Technical Interface with the Customer in order to demonstrate the adequacy of the proposed EPS design and the fulfilment of the High-level requirements.
- Contribution to the Satellite test plan, and participation to the Satellite test and launch phases.
- Master Degree in Electronic Engineering or or compatible qualification
- Several years of professional experience in the field of electrical systems engineering for Space applications
- Experience in satellite system verification and test activities
- Knowledge of power electronic equipment design, DC Converter design and control. Knowledge of circuits and signals Interfaces
- Knowledge of European space standards and rules and relevant documentation
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in team and to manage client/customer relationship, ability to manage work overhead and contingency issues
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility and ability to work independently
- Fluency in spoken and written English