We. Create. Space
OHB Italia is seeking for its BU Telescope Department in Milano for immediate start a Senior Optical Chief Engineer
The ideal candidate has worked on complex Ground Telescope development programs, with a strong background in Optical and Optomechanical design and simulation and has experience on the Astronomic field.
- Optical Chief System Engineer responsible for Very Large FoV Optical instrument development and validation, for ground application, with the objective to meet the technical requirements within the given budget and agreed schedule.
- Support the Project Manager in the day-by-day monitoring of the activities for all the technical aspects.
- Optical system level requirement definition.
- Overall responsibility for the Optical integration test and validation activities and coordination of the AIT team.
- Coordination of Technical review with the European and the Italian Space Agency.
- Cooperation with the Mechanical System Engineer to contribute on the Telescope product definition and development policy.
- Technical Documentation and Technical Proposal preparation in English.
- Availability to support the product installation and commission phase in Italy or in others European Countries.