We. Create. Space
OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellites & Missions Business Unit in Milano for immediate start a Senior Satellite Project Manager.
- System Engineer responsible for satellite architecture, design and development.
- Technical responsibility for the system level activities, including but not limited to requirements identification and flow-down, design and performance engineering, verification concept, specification of test requirements, satellite configuration, interface control for satellite subsystems and payloads, budget control.
- Analysis and preparation of high-level technical requirements specifications.
- Coordination with the Program Manager and the Mission System Engineer.
- Definition of overall design, development and relevant programmatic framework.
- Overall responsibility for all the satellite project activities, ensuring technical quality as well as schedule and budget compliance at system level.
- Leading of engineering team within the project, including management of subcontractors/suppliers involved in satellite activities.
- Coordination of satellite AIT activities in collaboration with the AIT Manager.
- Master’s degree in Aerospace/Aeronautics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in space industry as satellite system engineer or in similar positions in the area of satellite design for ESA/ASI programs.
- Several years of experience in a C/D satellite project phase.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
- Ability to devise creative solutions and think out-of-the-box.
- High level of flexibility, willingness to work in international teams and ability to keep tight schedules.
- High motivation, pro-active working approach and strong sense of responsibility.
- Strong capability of leading engineering teams with well developed communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Italian language skills are advantageous.