OHB Italia S.p.A. is part of the European Space and Technology Group OHB SE (Orbitale Hochtechnologie Bremen), listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. It is one of the three top space companies in Europe with 3.000 employees worldwide and total revenues for EUR 901 Mio. in 2020.
The ideal candidate has worked on complex sub-systems, with a background in mechatronic engineering and has experience working on mechanism design, development and testing.
- Break down of the technical requirements to subsystems/equipment, generate technical specifications for subsystems/equipment;
- Define the technical solutions to be implemented in the design of the mechanism (mechanical, thermal, actuation and control fields) to fulfill the requirements, from the concept definition to the detailed design to be developed by the specialist team;
- Lead and coordinate technical project tasks for the development of the mechanism, with the objective to meet the technical requirements within the budget and schedule constraints defined by the Project Manager;
- Define and implement the development and verification approach, establish the corresponding documents, i.e. design development & verification plans, test plans, design justification documents, interface control documents, verification control documents etc.
- Manage technical interfaces with customers, project partners, subcontractors and suppliers;
The suitable candidate should have experience relating to the following:
- Master degree in Aerospace Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering or in a similar discipline;
- At least 4 years of experience in mechanism/mechatronic engineering;
- Experience and background in at least one of the following engineering fields: structural, thermal, mechatronic.
- Recognized experience in developing mechanism products (specification, design, verification);
- Experience in model based design and capability to develop simplified mathematical models to justify the design concepts;
- Working level fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Good communication, cooperation and organization skills, willingness to take responsibility;
- Good analytical and system-oriented thinking;
- Awareness for costs and schedule;
Experience in one or more of the following areas is beneficial:
- Multibody analysis (ADAMS);
- Control system design (Matlab and Simulink);
- Structural analysis (NASTRAN, MARC);
- CAD modelling.
- Knowledge of ECSS standards related to structures and to mechanisms design and verification