OHB Italia S.p.A. is part of the European Space and Technology Group OHB SE (Orbitale Hochtechnologie Bremen), listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. It is one of the three top space companies in Europe with 3.000 employees worldwide and total revenues for EUR 901 Mio. in 2020.
- Responsible for Mechanical, Thermal and Propulsion (MTP) SubSystems Engineering, including coordinating and leading a project team of related engineers.
- Creation of related engineering work packages and maintain the budget and follow-up over pro-ject duration
- Elaboration, development and accommodation of MTP technical baseline solutions on the basis of customer requirements and budgets
- Define and maintain all MTP budgets, and to ensure these budgets remain within allocated requirements.
- Ensure proper flow-down and allocation of lower level sub-system requirements and budgets and maintain them up to date during the program lifetime.
- Mechanical, Thermal and Propulsion Subsystem requirement specification review and harmonization
- Responsible for the definition and specification of internal and external MTP interfaces including margins and associated documentation.
- Perform technical management of subcontracts in the assigned technical area
- Support the evaluation and management of deviations and non-conformances in MTP
- Support implementation of agreed changes to the design and deliverables
- Collaboration with technical management and other Systems Engineering disciplines.
- Generate development and qualification/acceptance plans (acoustic, vibration, shock, static load tests, thermal vacuum and balance tests, propulsion to verify mechanical, thermal, propulsion design
- Support TRL definition for the subsystem of competence
- University / polytechnic degree or PhD in Physics or Engineering, ideally in one of the areas of MTP Engineering
- At least 8+ years of professional experience in design, development and verification activities for space projects in MTP area
- Ability to lead and guide a project related MTP engineering team in combination with technical leadership capability
- Strong focus on reaching progress by thinking and communicating in terms of solutions, and the ability of reaching goals under schedule pressure
- Excellent communication skills, combined with the ability to work in in-ternational and multi-disciplinary teams
- Fluent in English in reading and writing – proven certificate, Other language skills are a plus