OHB Italia S.p.A. is part of the European Space and Technology Group OHB SE (Orbitale Hochtechnologie Bremen), listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. It is one of the three top space companies in Europe with 3.000 employees worldwide and total revenues for EUR 901 Mio. in 2020.
- System Engineer responsible for satellite architecture, design and development.
- Technical responsibility for the system level activities, including but not limited to requirements identification and flow-down, design and performance engineering, verification concept, specification of test requirements, satellite configuration, interface control for satellite subsystems and payloads, budget control.
- Analysis and preparation of high-level technical requirements specifications.
- Coordination with the Program Manager and the Mission System Engineer.
- Definition of overall design, development and relevant programmatic framework.
- Overall responsibility for all the satellite project activities, ensuring technical quality as well as schedule and budget compliance at system level.
- Leading of engineering team within the project, including management of subcontractors/suupliers involved in satellite activities.
- Coordination of satellite AIT activities in collaboration with the AIT Manager.
- Master’s degree in Aerospace/Aeronautics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in space industry as satellite system engineer or in similar positions in the area of satellite design for ESA/ASI programs.
- Several years of experience in a C/D satellite project phase.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
- Ability to devise creative solutions and think out-of-the-box.
- High level of flexibility, willingness to work in international teams and ability to keep tight schedules.
- High motivation, pro-active working approach and strong sense of responsibility.
- Strong capability of leading engineering teams with well developed communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Italian language skills are advantageous.