We, Create, Space.
- Responsible for Structural Engineering, including coordinating and leading a project team of related engineers.
- Creation of related engineering work packages and maintain the budget and follow-up over project duration
- Elaboration, development and accommodation of structural technical baseline solutions on the basis of customer requirements and budgets
- Define and maintain all budgets, and to ensure these budgets remain within allocated requirements.
- Ensure proper flow-down and allocation of technical requirements to lower level sub-system and budgets and maintain them up to date during the program lifetime.
- Structural requirement specification (covering analysis and testing) development
- Responsible for the definition and specification of structural internal and external interfaces including margins and associated documentation.
- Perform technical management of subcontracts in the assigned technical area
- Support the evaluation and management of deviations and non-conformances
- Collaboration with technical management and other Systems Engineering disciplines.
- Develop and maintain Finite Element Analysis (FEA) models for static and dynamics structural analyses and test prediction
- Knowledge and expertise in FE Analysis and Pre and post processing tools (Hyperworks/Patran/Nastran)
- Generate ad-hoc tools to prepare input levels , post processing results, nothcing (in MATLAB, PYTHON code)
- Perform structural analyses including prediction of dynamic behavior; launch flight limit loads; quasi-static loads; ground handling/transportation loads; sine, acoustic, random and shock loads, responses and stresses; in-orbit thermo-mechanical distortions, thermo-mechanical stress and micro vibrations.
- Develop qualification/acceptance test plans (acoustic, random, sine, shock, static load test) and test procedures
- Perform data analysis of testing activities for model validation
- Be responsible for successful integration and testing activities, including test reporting and discussion to the customer during TRR/PTR/TRB
- Lead the test campaigns (structural models (SM) and PFM models campaign) by definition of test set-up and of the test instrumentation as well as preparation of the test predictions and derivation of notches during the test campaigns.
- Support TRL definition for the subsystem of competence
- Develop and assess design criteria, requirements, and specification for launch vehicle structures and mechanical interfaces
- University / polytechnic degree or PhD in Physics or Engineering, ideally in one of the areas of Structural Engineering
- At least 10+ years of professional experience in structural design, development and verification activities for aerospace
- Ability to lead and guide a project engineering team in combination with technical leadership capability
- Broad engineering experience leading and completing large technical projects
- Strong focus on reaching progress by thinking and communicating in terms of solutions, and the ability of reaching goals under schedule pressure
- Excellent communication skills, combined with the ability to work in in-ternational and multi-disciplinary teams
- Fluent in English in reading and writing – proven certificate, other language skills are a plus
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace