OHB Italia SpA is acknowledged as one of the leading medium size companies in Europe for space systems integration. It is part of a cluster of European enterprises operating in the aerospace business. Founded in 1981, with headquarters in Milan and excellence centres in Italy, the company employs more than 180 qualified engineers & physicists.
OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellites Department in Milano for immediate start an AIT MECHANICAL ENGINEER.
Combines the role of the Mechanical Designer with the role of Mechanical AIT Operator for Satellite Integration within the Satellite Unit.
- Actively involved with the team in the definition of the Satellite integration approach.
- Responsible for the implementation of Satellite integration procedures.
- Collaborate with AIT Team on the Mechanical Integration of structure of NAOS SM, EM and PFM model.
- Collaborate with the AIT Team on the Mechanical Integration of the EM and flight units.
- Collaborate with the AIT Team on the Mechanical Integration of flight harness.
- Installation of thermal and mechanical sensors: thermocouples, thermistors, heaters, accelerometers.
- Definition and implementation of MAIT processes and related documents.
- Handling of Satellite and related MGSE, including use of cherry picker.
- Mechanical support during the Satellite Environmental Test Campaign.
- Mechanical support during the Satellite Launch Campaign
The ideal candidate
- has a good background in Mechanical Engineering and Satellite integration;
- has worked for some years in the AIT area of Space Systems;
- has a good hands-on knowledge of the system engineering processes for space projects;
- has developed a system-oriented thinking and vision;
- has a good hands-on knowledge of CAD tools, preferred NX or Catia.
- has a good hands-on knowledge of Office Packet.
Soft skills driving for the position are:
- ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment;
- creative thinking ability applied to engineering and AIT (concepts and solutions) and in approaching
problem-solving during the programme development; capability to develop effective ideas;
- commitment to objectives, willingness to take responsibility through motivation, dedication, initiative, proactivity, autonomy;
- growth potential in terms of adaptability to changing environment and flexibility of mind.
Become part of our team! Apply by sending your updated CV and cover letter via E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
OHB Italia has consolidated expertise, resources and facilities to carry out manufacturing, integration,
qualification and flight certification, with a role of Prime Contractor in different fields of activities. Its success is due to a combination of technical expertise, innovative technologies and low cost solutions, which allow to give customers easy access to space. The company operates both on the institutional and commercial
markets. Its main customers are space agencies, space authorities and large industrial groups.