OHB Italia SpA is acknowledged as one of the leading medium size companies in Europe for space systems integration. It is part of a cluster of European enterprises operating in the aerospace business. Founded in 1981, with headquarters in Milan and excellence centres in Italy, the company employs more than 180 qualified engineers & physicists. OHB Italia has consolidated expertise, resources and facilities to carry out manufacturing, integration, qualification and flight certification, with a role of Prime Contractor in different fields of activities. Its success is due to a combination of technical expertise, innovative technologies and low cost solutions, which allow to give customers easy access to space. The company operates both on the institutional and commercial markets. Its main customers are space agencies, space authorities and large industrial groups.
OHB Italia is seeking for its Microwave Earth Observation Payloads Business Unit in Milano for immediate start an Assembly, Integration, Test and Verification Manager. The ideal candidate has strong technical
background having worked on complex systems in technical roles and has large experience as AIT/V Manager.
As member of the project engineering team, leading the AIT/V team and reporting to the Project System Engineering Manager, duties will include responsibility for all AIT/V activities aimed at the timely definition, development, implementation, verification and qualification of the design, consistent with system requirements, system interfaces and the technical/programmatic constraints of the mission development.
Responsibilities will notably include:
- Ensuring a low-risk, low-cost and time-efficient AIT/V programme resulting in timely delivery of a fully-verified and qualified system;
- Defining the system AIT/V plans and schedule with adequate robustness, completeness, coherence and realism to ensure timely delivery of a fully-verified, validated and qualified system;
- Assigning the correct level and methods of verification to all applicable requirements to be verified;
- Reviewing and controlling the AIT/V plans and schedule at subsystem/equipment level;
- Providing early warning of potential problem areas and ensuring that appropriate mitigation actions are identified and implemented;
- Estimating, at every stage of programme execution, the risks and benefits associated with any proposed deviation from the original nominal verification plan;
- Managing all assembly, integration, test, verification and qualification issues at system and subsystem level, ensuring that a consistent approach to AIT/V implementation is applied throughout the industrial consortium;
- Managing the Verification Control Document to ensure proper close-out of the verification activities, discussing it with the customer and the relevant stakeholders;
- Monitoring the AIT/V activities of the subcontractors and suppliers, participating to reviews and meetings, responsible for the acceptance of the subcontractors’ and suppliers’ Verification Control Documents;
- Ensuring the industrial plans for integration, testing, facilities and associated ground support equipment (GSE) are fully consistent with technical and programmatic needs;
- Supporting the procurement process for all GSE elements and test facilities, including the review of procurement documentation, tender evaluation and participation in industrial negotiations, as required by ESA’s Code of Best Practices;
- Maintaining close coordination with the project team to ensure a coherent and acceptable approach to AIT activities;
- Ensuring timely availability of long-term storage plans and implementation of specific storage requirements and constraints;
- Coordinating with the system Product Assurance & Safety Engineer for monitoring major tests and timely processing of NCR reports as appropriate;
- Supporting the System Engineering Manager in organizing and conducting reviews.
- Master Degree (MSc) in Aerospace, Electronic, Telecommunication, Mechanical engineering or comparable qualifications;
- Strong technical background on complex systems;
- Extensive experience of defining and implementing AIT/V activities;
- Knowledge of space business standards and practices;
- Good communication and cooperation skills;
- Personal attitude to team working;
- Capable to work under pressure with tight planning;
- Capable to manage multitasking;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Available to frequent business travels in Europe;
- Fluent in spoken and written English (must be able to read and write complex documents and to discuss and negotiate with international partners, including English native speakers);
Become part of our team! Apply by sending your updated CV and cover letter via E-Mail to email@example.com