OHB Italia SpA is acknowledged as one of the leading medium size companies in Europe for space systems integration. It is part of a cluster of European enterprises operating in the aerospace business. Founded in 1981, with headquarters in Milan and excellence centres in Italy, the company employs more than 180 qualified engineers & physicists.
OHB Italia has consolidated expertise, resources and facilities to carry out manufacturing, integration,
qualification and flight certification, with a role of Prime Contractor in different fields of activities. Its success is due to a combination of technical expertise, innovative technologies and low cost solutions,which allow to give customers easy access to space. The company operates both on the institutional and commercial
markets. Its main customers are space agencies, space authorities and large industrial groups.
OHB Italia is seeking for its Microwave Earth Observation Payloads Business Unit in Milano for immediate start a Mechanical Assembly, Integration, and Test Engineer. The ideal candidate has large experience having worked on the AIT activities of complex systems.
As member of the project AIT team and reporting to the Project AIT/V Manager, duties will include:
- Responsible for the performance of complex mechanical AIT activities on highly integrated and dense mechanical systems;
- Prepare, program and perform mechanical AIT procedures and collection of the data;
- Conception and definition of mechanical test procedures, test plans and test strategies in alignment with design, system engineering and project management;
- Creation and execution of tests on demand from analysis, requirements and existing procedures;
- Design, implementation and smooth running of mechanical ground support equipment (stands, trolleys, hoisting devices, etc.) used to assemble, integrate and test new and developing satellite systems;
- Support the procurement process for mechanical ground support equipment elements and test facilities;
- Inputs to facilities and equipment development plan;
- Generation of mechanical assembly, integration and test reports;
- Providing early warning of potential problem areas in mechanical AIT activities;
- Extensive experience in plan, development and implementation of mechanical assembly, integration and test operations of high reliability complex systems (aerospace, automotive, nuclear…);
- Previous work experience in AIT in space domain;
- Knowledge of space domain standards and practices;
- Ability to work to written instructions and bills of materials, along with high attention to detail and excellent levels of dexterity;
- Ability to work autonomously with multinational interfaces;
- Independent, structured and goal-oriented skills required;
- Willingness to work as part of a team structure in decision making;
- Good communication and cooperation skills;
- Personal attitude to team working;
- Capable to work under pressure with tight planning;
- Capable to manage multitasking;
- Available to frequent business travels in Europe;
- Fluent in spoken and written English (must be able to read and write complex documents and to discuss with international partners, including English native speakers).
- A degree (BSc) in Aerospace, Mechanical engineering or comparable qualifications would be an asset;
Experience in one or more of the following areas would be beneficial:
- AIT of systems with tight alignment and balancing requirements;
- High accuracy mechanical design;
- CAD modelling;
- Applicants with strong interests in electronics will be welcomed.
Become part of our team! Apply by sending your updated CV and cover letter via E-Mail to email@example.com