OHB Italia SpA is acknowledged as one of the leading medium size companies in Europe for space systems integration. It is part of a cluster of European enterprises operating in the aerospace business. Founded in 1981, with headquarters in Milan and excellence centres in Italy, the company employs more than 180 qualified engineers & physicists.
OHB Italia has consolidated expertise, resources and facilities to carry out manufacturing, integration,
qualification and flight certification, with a role of Prime Contractor in different fields of activities. Its success is due to a combination of technical expertise, innovative technologies and low cost solutions, which allow to give customers easy access to space.
The company operates both on the institutional and commercial markets. Its main customers are space agencies, space authorities and large industrial groups.
OHB Italia is seeking for its BU telescope Department in Milano for immediate start a Mechanical Systems Engineer.
- Mechanical System Engineer responsible for Ground Infrastrucuture design, development and validation
- Ground infrastructure system level requirement definition
- Mechanical AIT Infrastructure coordination
- Technical review with the Customer
- Technical Proposal preparation in English
- Availability to support the installation and commissioning phase in Italy or in other European Countries
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Several years of experience in mechanical design
- Good experience in mechanical integration
- Appreciated experience in the development of astronomic observation infrastructures
- Good hands-on knowledge of CAD tools (preferred NX) and Mechanical simulation tools
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving attitude
- Fluent in written English
Become part of our team!
Apply by sending your updated CV and cover letter via E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org