OHB Italia SpA is acknowledged as one of the leading medium size companies in Europe for space systems integration. It is part of a cluster of European enterprises operating in the aerospace business. Founded in 1981, with headquarters in Milan and excellence centres in Italy, the company employs more than 180 qualified engineers & physicists.
OHB Italia has consolidated expertise, resources and facilities to carry out manufacturing, integration, qualification and flight certification, with a role of Prime Contractor in different fields of activities.
Its success is due to a combination of technical expertise, innovative technologies and low cost solutions,
which allow to give customers easy access to space. The company operates both on the institutional and commercial markets. Its main customers are space agencies, space authorities and large industrial groups.
OHB Italia is seeking for its Microwave Earth Observation Payloads Business Unit in Milano for immediate start a RF Systems Engineer. The ideal candidate has worked on complex RF systems in the millimeterwave range, with experience on low noise amplifiers and receivers for radiometers. Familiarity with antenna system design and analyses is an asset. Familiarity with the space business would be an asset but it’s not mandatory.
As member of the project engineering team in charge of developing spaceborne radiometers for Earth observation, reporting to the Project System Engineering Manager:
- Definition of potential architectures and designs of RF systems for radiometers from high level specifications (architectural features of the antenna and passive and active components: wave guides, filters, calibrators, mixers, LNAs, receivers, analogto-digital converters);
- Trade-offs for the selection of the best RF system candidate architecture and design;
- Responsible for the capability of the RF system design to meet the technical requirements and for the definition of the technical solutions to be implemented in the design, from the concept definition to the detailed design;
- Break-down of the technical requirements to subsystems/equipment, generation of the technical
specifications for subsystems/equipment;
- Definition and maintenance of the radiometric budgets;
- Definition and implementation of the development and verification approach, establishing the corresponding documents, i.e. design, development & verification plans, test plans, design justification documents, interface control documents, verification control documents etc.
- Lead and coordinate the technical project tasks for the development of the RF system design, with the objective to meet the technical requirements within the budget and schedule constraints defined by the Project Manager;
- Manage technical interfaces with customers, project partners, subcontractors and suppliers;
- Support the Procurement Manager in the procurement of RF systems and components from external subcontractors and suppliers, participating to reviews and meetings, responsible for the technical acceptance of the subcontractors’ and suppliers’ activities;
- Support the system engineering team in the definition of the radiometer mechanical, thermal and electrical design features impacting the RF system;
- Support the project AIT team in the definition and execution of the radiometer verification and test plan and procedures.
- Master degree (Msc) in Electronics, Telecommunications, Physics or comparable qualifications;
- Extensive experience in RF systems design, integration, test from equipment level through to system level;
- Significant experience in low noise RF systems for radiometers;
- Experience in analysis of supplier data and presentation of performance;
- Familiarity with the space business would be an asset but it’s not mandatory;
- Good communication, cooperation and organization skills;
- Personal attitude to team working
- Capable to work under pressure with tight planning
- Willingness to take responsibility;
- Good analytical and system-oriented thinking;
- Capable to manage multitasking
- Awareness for costs and schedule;
- Available to frequent business travels in Europe;
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Experience in two or more of the following areas is required:
- Low noise receivers (heterodyne/direct detection) design and analysis;
- Wave guide systems / OMT / diplexers / passive filters design and analysis;
- Radiometer performance assessment (sensitivity, accuracy, stability, etc.);
- Antenna system design and analyses.
Become part of our team! Apply by sending your updated CV and cover letter via E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org