OHB Italia SpA is acknowledged as one of the leading medium size companies in Europe for space systems integration. It is part of a cluster of European enterprises operating in the aerospace business. Founded in 1981, with headquarters in Milan and excellence centres in Italy, the company employs more than 180 qualified engineers & physicists.
OHB Italia has consolidated expertise, resources and facilities to carry out manufacturing, integration,
qualification and flight certification, with a role of Prime Contractor in different fields of activities. Its success is due to a combination of technical expertise, innovative technologies and low cost solutions, which allow to give customers easy access to space.
The company operates both on the institutional and commercial markets. Its main customers are space
agencies, space authorities and large industrial groups.
OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellites Department in Milan or Rome for immediate start a Senior Data Handling Engineer, Ref. SAT_04_2020
- Design, analysis and configuration of Data Handling Subsystem (DHS) and Avionic Systems for satellite applications;
- Preparation and maintenance of documentation (analyses, budgets, specifications, test specification, test reports and design descriptions);
- Development and implementation of test concepts;
- Support system level design reviews;
- Support the selection and the negotiation of subcontractors;
- Support acquisition of new projects and proposal preparation;
- Responsible for the Data Handling Subsystem (DHS) and associated parts of the Avionics architecture;
- Technical responsibility for the satellite DHS integrity, thus for system level activities including requirements engineering, design and performance engineering, verification concept, specification of test requirements, satellite configuration, interface control for satellite subsystems and payloads, DHS
engineering budget control;
- Coordination with the Lead Systems Engineer;
- Support Lead Systems Engineer for all data handling related project activities, ensuring technical quality as well as schedule and budget compliance on subsystem and system level;
- Leading of a DHS engineering team within the project, including management of subcontractors involved in DHS activities;
- Coordination of satellite AIT activities.
- A degree in electronic engineering or comparable qualifications;
- Knowledge in electronic or software in the area of satellite computers, 1553 Milbus communication, Spacewire, FDIR concepts;
- Experience in Satellite On Board Data Handling
- Experience with hardware projects in phase B/C/D, preferably in the field of avionic systems (on board computer and associated subsystems);
- Excellent communication skills, high motivation, flexibility and ability to work independently;
- Superior way of dealing with customers and willingness to travel;
- Several years of professional experience in space industry as electronic or software systems engineer or in similar positions in the area of satellite computers, Milbus communication, Spacewire, FDIR concepts;
- Several years of experience in a C/D satellite project;
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills;
- Strong capability of leading engineering teams with well developed communication skills;
- Experience in ESA satellite development projects would be a plus;
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Become part of our team!
Apply by sending your updated CV and cover letter via E-Mail to email@example.com