OHB System AG is one of the Top 3 European space companies and a member of the listed technology group OHB SE. About 2,800 employees work on some of the most important aviation and space programs of our times in Germany and other EU countries.These include low-orbiting and geostationary satellites for earth observation, navigation, telecommunications, science and space exploration. OHB System AG designs satellites and systems for human space flight, aerial reconnaissance and process control systems at its two strong locations in Bremen and Oberpfaffenhofen. We owe our success to our employees and their passion for innovation, their commitment and their initiative.
For permanent employment, the Assembly Integration Test & Logistik department at OHB System AG in Bremen is looking for an AIT Engineer for EGSE Systems.
During the construction and test phase of a satellite the AIT department (Assembly, Integration & Test) holds one of the major roles. The electrical ground test system (EGSE -Electrical Ground Support Equipment) ensures the energy supply during the construction and test phase of a satellite and offers support by processing measurement data and telemetry, sending telecommunication commands as well as by developing and validating (flight-) procedures.
- Specification, design and analysis of test systems (EGSE)
- Organization of activities for EGSE in-house development
- Acting as technical manager for planning, initiating and supervising the procurement process of EGSE from selected suppliers
- Leading role for design review, acceptance test and delivery review of subcontracted EGSE
- Providing specialist support in terms of EGSE testing and verification
- Collaboration with the test team for the planning and preparation of automatic tests and performing tests of the subsystems integrated on the satellite
- Preparation of test procedures and providing the respective test results
- Engineering degree in or Electrical Engineering or similar
- Profound professional experience with background in test systems and electronics
- Experience with test and measurement equipment
- Experience with development of automatic test equipment and test routines
- Knowledge of satellite technologies and related protocols
- Knowledge of the space program roles and standards (eg ECSS) is an asset
- High motivation and proactive involvement
- Excellent conceptual and problem solving skills
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills
- Accustomed to work in international composited teams
- Experience in dealing with customers and vendors would be an advantage
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in spoken and written German is a plus
OHB System AG
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. Please apply only via our online tool.