OHB System AG is one of the Top 3 European space companies and a member of the listed technology group OHB SE. About 2,800 employees work on some of the most important aviation and space programs of our times in Germany and other EU-countries. These include low-orbiting and geostationary satellites for earth observation, navigation, telecommunications, science and space exploration. OHB System AG designs satellites and systems for human space flight, aerial reconnaissance and process control systems at its two strong locations in Bremen and Oberpfaffenhofen. We owe our success to our employees and their passion for innovation, their commitment and their initiative.
For permanent employment the Assembly Integration Test & Logistics department at OHB System AG in Bremen is looking for an EGSE Engineer Operations.
During the construction and test phase of a satellite the AIT department (Assembly, Integration & Test) holds one of the major roles. As an Electrical GSE Engineer Operations you will usually work in a small team that will carry out the EGSE activities for a satellite project within the AIT support function. The electrical ground test system (EGSE – Electrical Ground Support Equipment) ensures the energy supply during the construction and test phase of a satellite and offers support by processing measurement data and telemetry, sending telecommunication commands as well as by developing and validating (flight-) procedures.
- Incoming inspection of EGSE and associated material (configuration, delivery status)
- Participation in the verification process for the EGSE, preparation of acceptance procedures
- Preparation of maintenance and spare part plans for an EGSE
- Dealing with and solving technical problems concerning EGSE
- Documentation and database maintenance
- Maintenance of the EGSE in the clean room, including upgrading and further development
During the AIT phase:
- Preparing, configuring and planning the EGSE in order to use in the test
- Tickle script development
- Preparing EGSE transport and accompanying during external operations (environmental tests, launch campaign)
- Completed engineering studies in electrical engineering, space technology, physics or a comparable qualification
- Professional experience in satellite AIT or in EGSE use is desirable
- Knowledge of ECSS standards for testing and verification of software and hardware
- Knowledge of satellite control systems (CCS), preferably SCOS 2000 version 3.1 (TOPE)
- Willingness to work in clean rooms, do business trips and occasional shift work
- Strong communication and team skills
- Very good analytical and conceptual skills
- Good English language skills, both written and spoken
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. Please apply only via our online tool.