OHB System AG designs satellites and systems for human space flight, aerial reconnaissance and process control systems at its two strong locations in Bremen and Oberpfaffenhofen. We owe our success to our employees and their passion for innovation, their commitment and their initiative.
OHB System AG is one of the Top 3 European space companies and a member of the listed technology group OHB SE. About 2,800 employees work on some of the most important aviation and space programs of our times in Germany and other EU-countries. These include low-orbiting and geostationary satellites for earth observation, navigation, telecommunications, science and space exploration.
For permanent employment the Software department at OHB System AG in Bremen is looking for a Junior Satellite Systems Engineer for Spacecraft Databases.
To operate our satellites, a lot of information is needed on ground (e.g. how to command the satellites or how to interpret the data coming from the satellite during integration & flight). The Database Team develops and maintains the satellite reference database (SRDB) that manages this data. Joining the team is a good way of getting an overview of the functions and operations of a spacecraft and it enables an in-depth understanding of the functions and operations of the spacecraft and provide a good entry point for satellite systems engineering.
- Collaborate with the different satellite engineering teams and external stakeholders, to identify the data needs for the database
- Release and schedule planning according to stakeholder agreements
- Participation in official project reviews with ESA and customers
- Documentation of database products as defined in ECSS
- Manage data workflow towards internal and external customers
- To assist the satellite and operations team using SRDB and its products
- To populate the SRDB with the identified data
- To track the validation of SRDB data
- To participate in improvement of the utilization of the SRDB
- You have a degree in Informatics, Physics, Aerospace Engineering or comparable qualification
- You work accurately, carefully and independently
- You have good communication skills
- You are a fast learner with a good technical understanding
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
OHB System AG
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. Please apply only via our online tool.