OHB System AG is one of the top 3 companies in European space travel and is at home in the listed technology group OHB SE.Around 2,800 employees work in Germany and other EU countries on major aerospace programs of our time. These include near-earth and geostationary satellites for earth observation, navigation, telecommunications, science and exploration of space. At the two strong locations of OHB System AG in Bremen and Oberpfaffenhofen, the satellites as well as systems for manned space travel, air reconnaissance and process control technology are created. We owe our success to our employees and their passion for innovation, their commitment and their initiative.
OHB System AG is one of the Top 3 European space companies and a member of the listed technology group OHB SE. About 2,800 employees work on some of the most important aviation and space programs of our times in Germany and other EU countries.These include low-orbiting and geostationary satellites for earth observation, navigation, telecommunications, science and space exploration. OHB System AG designs satellites and systems for human space flight, aerial reconnaissance and process control systems at its two strong locations in Bremen and Oberpfaffenhofen. We owe our success to our employees and their passion for innovation, their commitment and their initiative.
For permanent employment the Navigation Systems department at OHB System AG in Bremen is looking for a Navigation Payload Systems Engineer.
At OHB-System we offer a unique and exciting opportunity to support the production and operation of the current generation Galileo spacecraft, and apply this experience immediately to the development of the next generation.
To expand our Galileo payload engineering team, we are looking for a Payload Systems Engineer. You work closely with spacecraft systems, structural, thermal, and assembly integration and test (AIT) engineering to ensure satisfactory navigation payload performance throughout all project phases.
- Support the design and development of the next generation payload architecture including architecture tradeoffs and verification planning
- Contribute to the internal training, knowledge, and tools database
- Coordinate requirements flow-down and specification writing for subsystems and units (amplifiers, antennas, filters, signal generator, etc). Review and assess supplier proposals
- Model and assess the RF Power, Signal performance, clock frequency stability, and other payload performance parameters.
- Support test campaigns by analyzing measured payload performance and assessing/troubleshooting anomalies/non conformances
- Analyze any non-conformances for impact and gain approval from customer
- Review and assess supplier documentation and participate in review meetings (design, qualification, test-readiness, post-test, acceptance, etc.) as customer
- Assess on-orbit performance and anomaly reports
- Travel regularly to supplier / customer sites supporting testing and technical meetings as above
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Signal Processing, or comparable discipline
- Professional experience as a Systems Engineer
- Self-managed and pro-active working style
- Working level proficiency in written and spoken English. German or other EU language skills advantageous
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. Please apply only via our online tool.