The French aerospace lab.
Integrated into the Aeroelasticity and Dynamics of Experimental Structures (ADSE) research unit of DAAA, you will be in charge of activities related to the study of aeroelastic phenomena within the framework of projects carried out internally with other scientific departments. of ONERA or in collaboration with the main European manufacturers and research organizations in the aeronautics sector. In this context, you take charge of studies and projects on aeroelastic or vibratory issues for fixed wing purposes (in particular issues specific to new aircraft architectures such as high aspect ratio and / or laminarity) and rotating machines.
Your work combines modeling, simulation and experimentation. You participate in the definition and realization of characterization campaigns of the aeroelastic behavior of aeronautical structures as part of laboratory and wind tunnel tests and contribute to the critical analysis of the databases acquired. At the same time, you work on the improvement and development of test methodologies for the investigation, understanding and identification of the physical phenomena concerned (aeroelastic instability such as floating, nonlinear aeroelastic behavior, etc.).
You are a source of proposals for the orientation of the theme of aeroelasticity and dynamics of structures and participate in the setting up of research projects. You help to strengthen the research synergies between aeroelasticity and vibratory dynamics. You participate in the promotion of research work through publications in scientific journals and participation in international conferences.
Your missions are conditioned by obtaining a national defense clearance.
- Doctorate in Aeroelasticity / Structural Dynamics or General Engineer in mechanics with significant successful experience in the field
- Strong foundations in aeroelasticity and structural dynamics
- Taste for research and innovation
- Proven mastery of CAD design tools (Solidworks, Catia,…), structural mechanics (MEF Patran-Nastran,…), and CFD simulation tools would be a plus
- Experience in the experimental field and knowledge of aerodynamics highly desirable
- Fluency in English essential
- Interest in teamwork.