ONERA, a central player in aeronautical and space research, prepares the defense of tomorrow, responds to the aeronautical and space challenges of the future, and contributes to the competitiveness of the aerospace industry.
Presentation of ONERA
ONERA, a central player in aeronautical and space research, employs more than 2,000 people. Placed under the supervision of the Ministry of the Armed Forces, it has a budget of 266 million euros (2022), more than half of which comes from study, research and test contracts. State expert, ONERA prepares the defense of tomorrow, responds to the aeronautical and space challenges of the future, and contributes to the competitiveness of the aerospace industry. He masters all the disciplines and technologies in the field. All the major civil and military aerospace programs in France and Europe carry part of ONERA’s DNA: Ariane, Airbus, Falcon, Rafale, missiles, helicopters, engines, radars, etc. Recognized internationally and often awarded, its researchers train many doctoral students.
Presentation of the department
Onera’s Wind Tunnels Department works for industry and research on the largest aeronautical and aerospace programs in the world. The Department of Wind Tunnels of Modane Avrieux (DSMA) is responsible for carrying out tests in large aerodynamic wind tunnels, in particular for the benefit of large aeronautical manufacturers.
As part of the tests carried out in the wind tunnels at the Modane-Avrieux center, you will be responsible for organizing, conducting and carrying out the tests entrusted to you. You will be in direct contact with the customer, often a major industrialist in the field, including from abroad.
You will have full and complete responsibility for the tests, with the support of specialists as needed. You will supervise the personnel made available to you for the duration of a trial.
Your missions will consist of:
- Study the test request, propose and choose in relation to the design offices the means to be implemented;
- Establish trial planning, assess its financial envelope and track expenses;
- Organize, supervise and monitor the work of the teams involved in the preparation and execution of the test, which are placed under your functional responsibility for the duration of the tests;
- Check the proper functioning of measurement systems and experimental means;
- Provide test results to customer;
- Write the test report integrating the critical analysis of the quality of the measurements.
You will also participate in the improvement of test means and methods.
Your missions will be conditional on obtaining a national defense clearance.
- Generalist engineer with good knowledge of fluid mechanics;
- Knowledge of the experimental approach and measurement techniques would be a plus;
- Good writing skills in French and English.
Joining ONERA means joining the leading player in aeronautics and space research in France, it means building the future now, it means innovating every day in a cutting-edge sector.
At ONERA, you will find a balance between professional life and personal life and an environment that promotes the continuous training of employees.
Our company is committed to a policy in favor of the integration and continued employment of people with disabilities.