The French aerospace lab.
As a product-driven company, the Engineering team is at the core of what Onera does. Our Engineers create flexible applications, discrete algorithms, and scalable systems that help commerce companies improve their real-time operations. We deal with massive quantities of data leveraging a cloud native architecture in AWS and open source technologies including, but not limited to React, Java, Python, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, etc.
About the Role
We are looking for full-time Data Engineers to:
- Own value delivery for new data pipelines and data projects end to end
- Develop, implement (write code), and test agreed-upon improvements to our data pipelines and systems
- Monitor and support production issues for our real-time data pipelines
- Collaborate with other engineers to build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Continuously improve our engineering culture, including practices and processes
- You have excellent programming and communication skills. You have a keen attention to detail and are comfortable with cloud services. You have a passion for building new applications and systems.
- You can effectively communicate what you do.
- You follow emerging technologies. You’re curious about “what’s next” in our field, and you’re excited to integrate those concepts into the future of our platform.
- You’re a problem-solver. You enjoy collaborating across a team, and are curious to dig into any problem that comes your way.
- You’re eager to learn. Startups are hard, but you are eager to learn so that you can put yourself, your team, and the company in a position to keep growing.
- You’re hungry and humble. You believe that every question deserves to be answered, and every perspective is worth hearing.
The Ideal Candidate
- 1-3 years experience as a data engineer managing production data pipelines
- Hands-on familiarity with programming languages like Java and Python (familiarity with shell scripting preferred)
- Experience within AWS, with SQL and NoSQL databases, and Airflow
- Basic knowledge of different data transfer protocols (FTP, streaming), and APIs
- Ability to convey complex ideas to a non-technical audience