Connecting everyone, everywhere
With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
- Be part of the technology revolution in Space
- Bring transformative connectivity to remote places for the first time
- Support the launch and operations of our LEO satellite constellation
- Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first
Who You Are:
You’re passionate about modern technologies and automating everything. You’re a self-starter who’s agile and loves diving into the nitty gritty to get the job done. You read, learn, examine, and are full of ideas. You’re sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in ground and space systems.
What You’ll Do:
The DevSecOps Engineer will work closely with the entire Fleet Management team, with software developers, DevSecOps, and operations engineers to integrate software builds, and to design, build, install, system start/stop, upgrade processes. The ideal candidate is an innovative problem solver who is excited by researching and piloting new technologies.
The candidate will provide rotating support to development and operations including on-site support for system upgrades, maintenance and triage and recovery operations. They may periodically provide shift support during critical satellite operations and/or staff the on-call support rotation such that safe and efficient operations are ensured by the Spacecraft Operations Team on a 24/7 basis. The DevSecOps Engineer plays an integral role in the successful operations of the OneWeb constellation.
Duties will include:
- Automate deployment of mission unique and Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software in virtualized and containerized environments
- Develop monitoring and maintenance features for the infrastructure, platform, and applications
- Support on-prem and private and public cloud solutions to support mission operations and contingency operations
- Engineer highly scalable and highly reliable configurations to support space flight operations
- Develop, test, and release ansible playbooks and python scripts used to automate stack deployment and maintenance activities
- Support development, integration, test, and operations.
- Work closely with system architects, software engineers, and the mission operations team
What It Takes:
- Excellent problem-solving skills including analytical and technical troubleshooting
- Ability to effectively document and communicate technical concepts and requirements including system architecture, user help instructions and “in case of emergency” cheat sheets
- Experience in DevOps/DevSecOps and Agile development
- Experience with deployment automation including Ansible, Python, bash and other scripting languages
- Linux system administration skills (e.g. RHEL)
What We’d Love:
- Experience with RedHat OpenStack Platform and AWS ecosystem including VPC, EC2, EKS, S3
- Experience with container technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- Software development experience, specifically open source
- Experience with security monitoring tools and automation
- Space operations experience is helpful, but not required
- BS in a Computer Science or Engineering related field, additional education and training through an advanced technical degree or continuous learning is highly desired