Connecting everyone, everywhere
With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
- Be part of the technology revolution in Space
- Bring transformative connectivity to remote places for the first time
- Support the launch and operations of our LEO satellite constellation
- Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first
Who You Are:
- You’re passionate about modern technologies and automating everything.
- You’re a self-starter who’s agile and loves diving into the nitty gritty to get the job done.
- You read, learn, examine, and are full of ideas.
- You’re sparked by a fast pace and new challenges.
- You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in ground and space systems.
What You’ll Do:
The Ground System Engineer position is an on-shift role, which main purpose it to ensure health of the ground system and reliability of satellite operations, alongside spacecraft operations engineer and mission directors. The successful candidate will participate in the monitoring, live troubleshooting and recovery, configuration, and support for Fleet Management Segment (FMS) technical efforts. This individual will be familiar with satellite ground systems, mission operation application software, infrastructure hardware & software, and mission operations support.
- Maintain satellite command and control ground system to ensure nominal operations and troubleshoot complex technical issues,
- Work closely with Spacecraft Operations Engineers, System Development Engineers, Infrastructure and Software teams to acquire a deep understanding of satellite operations, in order to be able to correctly assess degradation impacts and best prioritise troubleshooting action
- Identifying, analysing, and troubleshooting satellite operational data flow related issues in OneWeb Fleet Management Segment (FMS) ground system
- Participate in the review and improvement ground architecture and configuration for the different mission elements Mission Planning, Flight Dynamics, Command & Control, Mission Management +
- External Interfaces to the FMS System,
- Work on the automation of satellite operations and ground failures recovery,
- Work with third party contractors to integrate and troubleshoot their applications,
- Document system architecture, best practices and configuration changes
- Experience or proven interest in Space Operations or other sensitive and mission critical real time operations (telecommunications, transportation networks, power plants, medical infrastructure…)
- Great curiosity, tenacity, ability to prioritise
- Experience working in Unix/Linux OS based systems
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, C, or C++
- Familiarity with Containerisation & Container Orchestration technologies, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes or similar
- Familiarity with standard data structures structures, JSON, XML
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development process, DevOps, CI/CD (Git, GitLab, GitHub, Jenkins)
- Experience with Satellite operations (ideally LEO), space systems or satellite ground systems,
- Familiarity with database and query languages: Mongo, MySQL, Influx, Elastic, Redis,
- Experience with message brokers such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ,
- Experience with Infrastructure as code such as Ansible,
- Experience with data encryption,
- Familiarity with data visualisation and infrastructure monitoring tools: Grafana, Prometheus, Nagios, Kibana, SIEM,
- Experience with Public and Private Cloud providers (Openstack, AWS),
- Experience in networking applications and devices, DNS, firewalls, routers, switches,
- Familiarity with standard Protocols, TCP/IP, UDP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS,
- Familiarity with multiple fileshare and mounting systems, NFS, SSHFS, GLUSTERFS, CEPHFS, Ganesha