Connecting everyone, everywhere
With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
- Be part of the technology revolution in Space
- Accelerate your career through fast paced experiential learning and executive-level exposure
- Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first
- Bring transformative broadband connectivity to remote places for the first time
- Create User Terminals for our LEO satellites constellation
Who You Are:
You’re a whiz in IP, and sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You are passionate about automation; knowing what to automate and why to automate. You have excellent stakeholder management skills. You love building testing, staging, and stressing the Network Architecture and Design. You are an advocate of continuous integration and continuous development in order to drive continuous improvement in the Network, to deliver a higher Service Availability. You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in Space.
What You’ll Do:
The DevOps Network Engineers are a hybrid of software and network engineers, who ensure that OneWeb’s network and services run smoothly, and have the capacity for future growth. You are responsible for building software for managing the continuous integration/continuous development pipeline for network design, delivery, and analytics that are keys to meeting our demands.
- Be responsible for architecting, developing, and deploying Network software and configuration that improves the reliability and efficiency of our Global IP Networks.
- Create software to design, deploy, manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol Network backbone and edge networks.
- Install, configure and maintain production, QA and development environments in which Network infrastructure are deployed; environments include servers, operating systems and automation tools.
- Develop automation tools using Ansible and Python.
- Document of processes, procedures, and configurations.
- Coordinate with other technical staff to implement systems and software & conduct design and code reviews.
What It Takes:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related Engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 12-15 years of experience in IT or Telecommunications industry.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools and JIRA.
- Experience with automation frameworks like Ansible and Salt.
- Strong Linux skills with experience in cloud deployments.
- Experience automation of tasks and activities for network devices (Nokia, Juniper, Cisco), and applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, messaging systems or any large-scale distributed system.
- Practical Network Routing protocol experience – configuration or design.
- Understanding and execution of data modelling and network performance analytics.
- Experience as an individual contributor and/or technical lead in the development of complex telecommunications systems with emphasis on IP networking systems.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills