Connecting everyone, everywhere
Principal Engineer, Integration and Test
With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
- Be part of the technology revolution in Space
- Accelerate your career through fast paced experiential learning and executive-level exposure
- Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first
Who You Are: You’re passionate about satellite communications systems. You’re agile and love the nitty gritty. You read, learn, examine, and are full of ideas. You’re sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You possess superb communications skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and technical information to engineers and senior staff members.
You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in Space.
What You’ll Do:
The Principal Engineer, Integration and Test will be responsible as a subject matter expert for developing and overseeing the systems integration and test environments for the OneWeb global network infrastructure, and the products it supports. This will include development of test fixtures, and testing applications to use in the reference systems lab using simulators, and over the air using the in- orbit satellites and test user terminals. You will be challenged to investigate and address complex problems involving the primary elements of the end- to- end system including the satellite payload, satellite access gateways (SNP), the core network, network management and resource management systems and the user terminal elements. You will provide technical expertise in the design and sustainment of the reference systems Lab, and over-the -air systems test environments. You will work collaboratively with our partner technology vendors, system engineers, network architects, product managers , project stakeholders, and the management team.
- Support unit, system and certification level testing of the OneWeb global network infrastructure and its supporting products. This includes RF equipment, Network equipment, and integrated software systems
- Responsible for defining and architecting test fixtures and software- based testing tools to support system test integration, automation, troubleshooting and anomaly investigation
- Act as systems level subject matter expert to oversee the design and optimisation of the system test environments and their evolution to support new product features and new user terminal types.
- Support the development of system resource assignments, and configurations, test plans, procedures, tools and techniques to support verification and validation testing campaigns for OneWeb’s network infrastructure and the products it supports.
- Responsible for the delivery of test reports and supporting documentation for the verification and calibration of the various system test environments
- Support Problem Management for the development of work arounds and fixes for identified bugs and issues impacting the OneWeb deployed systems.
- Support the design of the systems regression testing environment in the reference lab environment in support of the testing of new software and systems components and configuration upgrades prior to deployment in the production network.
What It Takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Communications Engineering or Physics with over 12 years of related vocational experience.
- In-depth prior experience of satellite/telecommunications ground systems design and test.
- Strong understanding of test equipment and test management platforms.
- Strong understanding of data and radio frequency network testing concepts and systems performance and traffic management reference standards
What We’d Love:
- Ability to develop test scripts using Python, PERL, bash or similar scripting language
- 3GPP/LTE systems knowledge and systems testing experience in a development environment
- Experience with L2-7 traffic generation and analysis tools including LTE user terminal Callbox test equipment
- Experience with LEO/MEO satellite systems and their systems CONOPS and systems performance variables and their optimization.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace