The world's biggest challenges needs a world view
Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before – ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Ground Segment Software Development Team
Ground Segment Software Development Team builds satellite-related software that is used by internal operators and external customers alike, to operate a constellation of multi-customer, multi-satellite and multi-ground station missions. Our products are cloud-native web-based applications built with modern technologies (React, Typescript, Kubernetes, Golang, etc).
The team works using a DevOps and Agile methodology, combining frequent iteration cycles with the responsibility of keeping the application operative.
What will you be doing?
- You will be leading the Front-End efforts at the company. This means that you will be able to set the standards of what Front-End code will look like, decide what technologies are the best to use and design the architecture the Front-End will have to follow.
- You will have to interact with our users to understand their needs and make sure you have their experience in mind when designing new pages and functionalities.
- You will be responsible for the quality of the Front-End code, as such, we expect that you continue to push our efforts for unit and end-to-end testing forward in the way you see fit best.
What you need to be successful
- You will be building user interfaces, as such, it is important that you empathise with them and build great experiences.
- We are on a journey to increase the quality of our code, strong knowledge of common techniques, testing, CI/CD and React frameworks is essential
- Our current code is written in React Typescript, so you must be proficient with the language and tools.
- To get features completed, you will often have to communicate with other developers, do code reviews and discuss technical solutions. As such confidence speaking and great listening skills are essential!