Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before - ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Supply Chain Team
The Supply Chain team manages the relationship with one of the most important partners of Open Cosmos, it’s suppliers. The team sources, evaluates and procures goods and services in support of all Open Cosmos activities, enabling operations across the whole company. This team ensures that we can deliver our broad space mission service offering, building on top of the work of key suppliers and ensuring our competitiveness in the market.!
What will you be doing?
You will be managing the relationship with partners and suppliers and end to end procurement of goods and services. This includes establishing and growing the network of partners and suppliers, issuing and reviewing requests for proposals and quotes, ensuring the negotiation process is competitive and our position is represented strongly to ensure competitiveness; you will price and cost analyses, develop negotiation strategies, and contract documentation and agreements.
Keeping strong relationships with suppliers, seeking and shaping win-win opportunities will be key to your success and growth in the function.
You will be actively contributing to budgeting and forecasting through effective data management and reporting, and will be in charge of procurements in a variety of fields and commodities, from electronics and space hardware, to launch and ground station services, payloads and logistic services, space insurance or software and company operations tools. You will work in a collaborative environment with continuous interactions with colleagues from other departments.
You will be defining and negotiating contractual terms with suppliers and establish strategies and processes to grow the supply chain function.
What you need to be successful
- Have strong knowledge in supply chain management, with space domain expertise highly preferred. A background in Aerospace or Defence may also be suitable
- The individual should have good knowledge on procurement activities and must have the skills to understand space systems and associated technical drivers
- You’ll be a strong negotiator so bring your influencing and communication skills. You need to have the ability to do individually steer price/contract negotiation and resolving disputes
- Ability to challenge statements of work and challenge technical offerings
- You’ll be communicating a lot, so be confident in speaking, listening and writing with colleagues and suppliers from diverse backgrounds
- You’ll need good analytical skills and the ability to report effectively on timelines and budgeting
- Comfortable with working in fast-paced projects with constrained resources
- Be a team member, happy to offer a helping hand to others
- Ideally have a technical background, and experience with ERP/PLM systems