Open Cosmos are revolutionising space technology and opening up the cosmos to everyone. Our simple, affordable satellite missions give organisations the chance to use space technology as a tool to get your ideas into orbit. Our mission is to make the leaps in space that become the leaps on Earth.
Working for Open Cosmos
Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before – ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Finance Team
We are looking for our first VP of Finance, this team currently has operational support but we need someone to take it to the next level!
As you would expect, the team is responsible for all things finance related but our focus is to operate more strategically within this team – actively supporting fundraising, R&D tax claims, alongside keeping our mission income positive!
What will you be doing?
You will be defining the finance strategy for Open Cosmos based on our business objectives. A key aspect of this is driving our fundraising activities, preparing analysis and financial modelling and supporting discussion with potential investors.
You will also be setting up our internal systems and processes, preparing MI to keep the VP’s and wider management well briefed on performance and keeping Open Cosmos operating compliantly!
What you need to be successful
- You’ll be spending a lot of time on fundraising activities so the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a wide audience is a must!
- You’ll be comfortable diving into the detail as well as defining the high level strategy
- You’ll need strong knowledge of financial frameworks, modelling and policies with relevant qualifications (e.g. ACCA or CIMA)
- You’ll be working in a multi currency environment so the ability to manage this is essential!
- You’ll be a true leader in the finance profession, using innovative practices to bring business success to bottom line performance!