World-class thinkers, collaborating to improve life on Earth
Working for Open Cosmos
- Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before – ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Operations Team
- The Operations team drives the delivery of our space mission services, connecting the technologies developed in house by the Tech team, the requirements from our customers and the tools and support of external key partners and suppliers
What will you be doing?
- You will be leading the delivery of Open Cosmos space mission projects, in time and within the project budget, managing the whole project lifecycle. From capturing customer drivers and requirements to planning the successful project execution by defining timelines, allocating resources, identifying risks and using Open Cosmos’ technologies and services to satisfy customer expectations.
- You will interface with customers and the mission stakeholders, Open Cosmos’ technical and commercial teams, partners and suppliers. You will contribute to the design of the mission alongside the systems engineering and mission operations teams.
- You will oversee the selection and execution of building blocks, from launch service providers to ground segment infrastructure providers and all the regulatory landscape that frames the delivery of our services.
What you need to be successful
- You’ll have strong, practical knowledge of project management and how it applies to space mission projects
- A technical background based on complex products that can directly relate to space/satellites
- Be comfortable working in a small company with big ambitions and constrained resources
- You’ll be able to identify and take quantified risks and make decisions in a fast-changing environment so we can satisfy the customer needs
- Be a team player and an enabler, comfortably managing other people and external stakeholders
- Foresee events and issues and find efficient solutions that are aligned with the company values and vision.