Blue Origin is committed to building a road to space so our children can build the future.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop operational configuration management practices, processes, and tools to implement on New Shepard launch vehicles, ground equipment, and support systems for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of operations and maintenance for New Shepard. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Manage launch vehicle and ground system bill of materials to clearly track configuration at all times, including updates and changes due to ongoing maintenance and engineering updates
- Coordinate with software team to manage on vehicle software configuration
- Coordinate with operations team to manage support program configuration to continue support of current vehicle configurations
- Ensure vehicle, ground, and supporting system configurations supports flight readiness reviews
- Coordinate regular configuration change reviews to reconcile flight schedule and upgrade implementation plans
- Lead and coordinate the cross-functional change management process, facilitating reviews and ensuring communication between all groups affected by the change
- Ensure the team adheres to configuration management best practices as well as Blue Origin configuration management standards
- Coordinate updates to released engineering as needed to reconcile discrepancies found during as-designed comparisons to as-built end-item
- B.S. degree in engineering and at least 5 years of experience in the of aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles
- Demonstrated configuration control experience in a highly regulated environment
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and experience working in a highly integrated cross-functional team environment
- Good judgment and flexibility, and oriented on achieving results
- Strong design and integration skills using 3D CAD software and visualization tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of scheduling and planning principles and tools
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience using PTC Creo and Windchill
- Participated in a recognized configuration management training (CMII)
- Knowledge of aerospace vehicle fabrication and assembly techniques and related quality control concepts
- Ability to interpret and apply high-level system requirements to practical solutions
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.