Blue Origin is committed to building a road to space so our children can build the future.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will ensure supply readiness New Shepard operations and maintenance for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of procurement planning, hardware procurement, make/buy decisions, cost analysis, authoring statements of work, hardware receipt and inspection and strategic supplier relationships. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Coordination with all internal and external suppliers to ensure hardware availability, including procurement, production control, logistics, machining, welding, NDT and other shared production services
- Delivery of hardware ready for integration and operation
- Perform cost analysis of parts or assemblies for future planning/forecasts
- Manage hardware receipt inspections and hold suppliers accountable for product delivery
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in aerospace, mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering; physics; or other major requiring engineering or manufacturing core courses
- 5+ year experience in managing hardware procurement for operational assets
- Experience developing and operating inventory forecasts and performing cost analysis of parts/assemblies
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams of diverse skills across large geographic distances
- Intense curiosity for understanding the details of our business and how to optimize it
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience with integration and operation of launch vehicles across a range of launch vehicle subsystems including avionics, fluids, and mechanical
- Experience coordinating and managing Service Level Agreements to define program requirements for production control, logistics, and other shared production services
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.