Intelligence is natural.
Are you experienced in Unity software development, with an interest or experience in creating simulation environments for robots and drones? Opteran Technologies, a brain biomimicry start-up developing autonomous systems for robots, drones and vehicles, may have an opportunity for you.
The successful candidate will lead development of our simulation environment to streamline the development, validation and verification of our technology.
The key responsibilities of a Research Engineer focused on Unity software development include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of our simulation environment through the creation of software tools to demos of our autonomy solutions
- Implement best software development practice including version control and backup, code review, and strong documentation of code
- Interface with pre-sales teams to support and respond to customer requests to support proof of concept studies.
Opteran moves beyond today’s Deep Learning AI to re-engineer 600 million years of evolution in insect brains onto a silicon chip. This breakthrough enables machines to see, sense, navigate and make autonomous decisions with a smaller, lighter and more efficient solution that operates off-network without training.
This is a different approach to autonomy, which doesn’t succumb to the problems of machine learning. We reverse engineer real brains to produce autonomous systems that are robust and hyper-efficient; we call this approach ‘natural intelligence’.
The essential skills and qualities of a candidate
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Unity
- Proven ability to deliver projects from concept to submission with Unity and C#
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work in agile teams and contribute to sprint planning and problem solving
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Physics, Maths or similar
In addition, there are a number of skills that are desirable:
- Understanding of classical mechanics/physics and how it is simulated for robotics
- Experience with robotic operating systems e.g., ROS
- Experience with other robotic simulation environments e.g., Unreal
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.