MDA UK is a growing and dynamic company based on the Harwell Campus in Oxfordshire. We are a subsidiary of MDA, an internationally recognized leader in space robotics, space sensors, and antennas. MDA UK provides support to our European based customers as well as specializing in the UK development of space qualified metrology instruments, IR cameras and other intelligent sensors.
We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative engineers with experience working in the space industry.
Are you passionate about space exploration? Do you have experience designing or building systems for the harsh space environment? If so then this is a rare chance to join a growing company with an exemplary heritage in the industry. We have exciting opportunities available to join our international and enthusiastic team developing instrumentation for several space missions, including a lunar lander and ESA technology demonstrators.
You will be working at the Harwell campus, an innovative hub for science and technology advancement in the UK.
Optical System Engineering:
- Deriving and managing requirements for optical element
- Providing technical interface to customers and subcontractors
- Designing and troubleshooting optical hardware and software for space missions
- Developing innovative solutions to engineering requirements
- Manufacture, assembly, integration and test
- Working with a dynamic team to produce innovative solutions
- Preparing technical documentation including test procedures, design specifications and engineering change notices
- Minimum 5 years experience designing, manufacturing or testing optical hardware for the space environment
- Enthusiastic about space exploration
- Software tool experience (i.e. modelling, CAD)
- Ability to independently apply engineering principles to design projects
- Keen to solve complex challenges in a small team
- University degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering or equivalent
- Excellent written and oral communication
Skills considered an asset:
- Experience with a flight qualification process
- CAD (Pro/E, SolidWorks, and/or CATIA)
- Familiarity with formal configuration control methods
- Structural and thermal analysis
- Experience with environmental testing
- Test specification, plan and procedure development
- Hands on Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Testing
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.