Orbex is looking for an experienced Software Tester for embedded software solutions. You will be working on mission critical embedded software so any experience working with safety critical software would be extremely desirable.
Orbex is Europe’s most exciting space company. You will be joining a team developing one of the most innovative, high-tech orbital space launch vehicles in the world, and you’ll have the chance to earn an ownership stake in the company.
We are a highly motivated and focused team, and we are looking for colleagues who share our vision of creating Europe’s first fully private space access company.
We are looking for team members who will fit in immediately and hit the ground running.
The position includes all parts of a traditional software tester’s tasks list. In collaboration with software architect and developers, the focus of the responsibilities will be:
- Writing the software integration test specifications needed to qualify the software.
- Making sure all requirements are tracked and documented.
- Executing the software tests.
- Documenting all aspects of the tests.
- Offering advice on solutions to problems.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants preferred have:
- Software Engineering or similar education.
- Experience as a Software Tester with focus on embedded software.
- Experience in C programming.
- Experience with mission critical software from either the Space or similar industry with hard requirements for quality of the software solutions.
- Experience in documentation of software tests.
Personal characteristic of the applicants:
- Assumes responsibility of the tasks and sees them through.
- Very good communication skills in both oral and written form, as well as interpersonal communication.
- Is a team player that sees the collaboration with co-employees as a very important part of creating good result both short and long term.
- Thrives in an international environment with collaboration across cultures and borders.
The Position Offers
- Being a part of the fast-developing Space Industry.
- A unique opportunity to participate in software development team needed for a the Ground Segment of a Space Launch Vehicle.
- Being part of a larger team of software architects, developers and tester who all aim at creating high quality solutions.
This role is based in Forres at Orbex’s headquarters.
Orbex Forres is located at the foot of the Scottish Highlands, near Inverness. It’s close to the spectacular coastline, wild beaches and amazing wildlife of the Moray Firth, as well as being a short distance from the world famous Loch Ness, and Aviemore ski resort.
If you enjoy adventurous outdoor pursuits in extraordinary natural environments, the coast and highlands around Forres offer an ideal location.
Mountaineering, rock climbing, abseiling, hiking, mountain biking, cycling, camping, sailing, surfing, motorbiking and skiing are all within easy reach of our main UK factory, and many members of our team participate in adventure sports in the vast, beautiful settings of Sutherland.
If you enjoy drone flying, wildlife or landscape photography, some of the most spectacular vistas in the world are directly at your doorstep.
You must be a UK or European citizen, from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention. You may be required to undergo security screening.
For the right candidate we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:-
- Competitive salary
- An equity stake in the company
- Relocation assistance where appropriate
- Company Cycle to Work scheme